In order to ensure your products are sent to the different channels, we need to create Rules in uAfrica. This step by step guide will show you how to get your rules correctly set up.
Please log into your uAfrica account and follow these instructions:
- Click 'Sales Channels' at the top of the page.
- Select the channel you'd like to feed your products to, you have a choice of Shopify, bidorbuy and PriceCheck.
- Once you've linked the desired channel, a default rule will be created automatically and your orders and products will sync from your primary channel into uAfrica.com.
- If you'd like to change the rules or specify only certain products to be fed to a channel, you'll need to edit the rules, so to do this, click in the 'Rules' box.
- NB: The default rule (the rule that was created automatically for 'all products') must stay in place - DO NOT DELETE IT. It can be edited, but not removed.
- Give your Rule a condition. You can have more than one rule condition and you can choose whether you'll want ALL or ANY of the conditions to apply by selecting the relevant button where more than one condition exists.
- Select the 'Choose a condition field' drop-down menu and select where the information must come from e.g. product type, vendor, tags, etc.
- In the centre drop-down box, if you select 'matches exactly', you must make sure the information you enter is an exact match. This includes capital letters, spacing and use of singular and plural. If it's not an exact match to the information in your Shopify admin, no products will pull through. If you're unsure whether it will match exactly, select 'contains' instead.
- You can choose to 'Add another rule condition' here if necessary.
- Click 'Rule Actions' and select what you want to happen to the products when they reach your channel.
- Click 'Create Rule' and repeat steps 7-10 for each rule you want to create.
- Once you've created all your rules and you're happy they are correct, click the green 'Update' button at the top of the page to queue a product sync.
- To view your channel, click the settings wheel in the bottom left corner of each coloured block in 'Sales Channels' and select 'Go to channel'.
- The sync shouldn't take longer than 15 minutes to complete, but it depends on the amount of products you have. Please allow sufficient time for your products to push through to each channel.
If the sync takes too long, or you aren't sure of something, please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us on 012 940 1060.