If you have a bidorbuy account as a channel, this step by step guide will show you how to get your rules correctly set up on uAfrica's Multichannel. This will ensure your products are fed from your primary channel through to bidorbuy via the uAfrica rule engine.
Please log into your uAfrica dashboard and follow these instructions:
- Click 'Sales Channels' at the top of the page.
- Select 'bidorbuy'. NOTE: If you do not have a 'bob' channel set up at this point, you will need to click 'Add a channel', then click the bidorbuy box, and log into your bidorbuy seller account.
- Once you've linked your bob account, two default rules will be created automatically and your orders will sync from your primary channel to the 'unusual items' category in bidorbuy as a default.
- To edit the rules, click in the 'Rules' box.
- NB: The first rule must stay in place - DO NOT DELETE THIS.
- You should change the category to something more relevant to your products. To do this, click the rule name in blue.
- Give your Rule a condition. You can specify more than one rule condition, as well as if you want ALL or ANY of the rules to apply by selecting the relevant button where more than one condition exists.
- Select the 'Choose a condition field' drop-down menu and select where the information must come from e.g. product type, vendor, tags, etc.
- In the middle drop-down box, if you select 'matches exactly', you must make sure the information you enter is an exact match. This includes capital letters, spacing and use of singular and plural. If it's not an exact match to the information in your Shopify admin, no products will pull through. If you're unsure whether it will match exactly, select 'contains' instead.
- You can choose to 'Add another rule condition' if necessary.
- Click 'Rule Actions'
- Click 'Assign Category'
- This will bring up bidorbuy's category mapping system. Scroll through the menus and select where you want your product to be listed.
- Click 'Create Rule' and repeat steps 7-13 for each rule you want to create.
- When you have created all of your rules and you're happy they are set up correctly, click the green 'Update' button at the top of the page to queue a product synchronisation.
- To view your bidorbuy account, click the settings wheel in your bidorbuy channel block in 'Sales Channels' and select 'Go to channel'.
- The sync shouldn't take longer than 15 minutes to complete, but it depends on the amount of products you have. Please allow sufficient time for your products to push through to bidorbuy.
If the sync takes too long, or you aren't sure of something, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com or phone us on 012 940 1060.