In order to see quotes and ship items in uAfrica, you need an order. Manual Orders allows you to create orders on an ad hoc basis, which allows people other than regular online business owners to use our services. Whether you want to send a Christmas pressie down to your Grandma at the coast or you only do one or two orders each month, Manual Orders allows you to use the service of a courier with minimal cost or fuss.
In order to create a manual order on uAfrica, log into your uAfrica account. If you haven’t yet signed up, you can do so at uafrica.com
1. Once logged in, click ‘Orders’ at the top of the page, on the left.
2. If you have no orders yet, click the green ‘Create order’ button. If you already have orders in your account, click ‘Create Order’ in the top right of the screen.
3. On the order creation page, select the drop-down menus to choose the status of the order (New, Completed) and the financial status (paid, unpaid, etc). It’s important to note that you should only mark an order as ‘Completed’ once it’s been fulfilled.
5. Add the item name and a short description if necessary, the cost per unit and weight of each unit, add how many units were bought and click the ‘plus’ sign on the right. Do this for each item in your order. You will need to be as accurate as you can here because the quotes you see are based on the final parcel’s dimensions and weight. If these are not correct, the estimate you receive will not be reflective of the final charge from the courier.
6. Add your customer’s name, email, phone number and shipping address (be sure to add the correct province and postcode) and tick the box if the billing address is the same as the shipping address.
7. Once you’ve recorded all the details and you’re certain the shipping address is accurate, click ‘Create Order’.
On the next page you will see the order details and when you click ‘Fulfil Order’ in the top right of the screen you’ll be able to view and select courier quotes and fulfil the order.
TOP TIP: Make sure the address where the goods are to be collected from is correct!